This is our new puppy, whom we have christened Titus. Isn’t he adorable? He is very sweet. Except when I am trying to knit. Then he is not so cute. I am constantly trying to re-direct the chewing and putting him outside to do his thing, or pushing him off of me. I finally got the gumption to Kitchener the Bamboo Ewe shawl that has been finished for nearly a month and was seriously wishing I had done it as soon as the shawl was finished. (Pre-puppy in other words.) He was sleeping when I began to graft but of course did not stay that way. I thought I was doing very well, given the circumstances, but when I was maybe 8 stitches from being done, I discovered a stitch that had dropped clear back in the beginning. I got it fastened with a locking stitch marker so it wouldn’t run and when I was done I went back and stitched back up and picked it up when I wove in the end.
I defy anyone to find said stitch. I did a very good job of it, if I do say so myself. Now, the join itself is another story. Because of the dropped stitch I can see where I am clearly off in the lace where it joins, but I refuse to take it all out and re-do it. I also thought I was plenty loose, but it sure looks pretty tight now that it’s done. I’m hoping it will even out in the blocking. I did enjoy knitting the shawl. It was a very easy pattern to memorize with only a four row repeat, and the yarn is really very nice. I had a problem with splitting while grafting, but I cannot blame the yarn for that- that’s all me. I’ll get it blocked over the weekend and see if I can’t get it on Ravelry sometime soon.
Very stormy here so I think I’ll shut down the computer before I fry my beloved Mac!