Its cold and rainy out after a beautiful sunny 80F yesterday and I have projects to get finished. Guess its a good thing tonight is UFO night! And, now I’m making my next Top Ten list public. I really need encouragement to get these projects finished so I can move on to the new stuff!
1. duplicate stitch name on Stocking (for customer)
2. Galway set-in sleeve cap pattern (for customer) [and possibly reknit it]
3. Cassidy in Shepherd’s Wool Great Lakes colorway (back done, working on fronts).
4. February Lady Sweater in Dream in Color Classy Black Pearl (working way down the front to the armhole).
5. Shawl (but I’m doing the scarf size which will look like a shawl on me!) using Mountain Colors Half Wool Crepe (named because it is half a ball of Wool Crepe) in Harmony Lake (airplane and hospital knitting).
6. Insouciant Sock in Heritage Handpaint (need to finished one before sock class resumes April 17).
7. repair on Penny’s Dale of Norway’s Baby Uhl sweater (maybe I can convince her I need to keep it on display since we now have the pattern and yarn, albeit new colorways, for said baby sweater).
8. Noni’s Bowling Ball bag (using scrap Shepherd’s Wool, testing Size 9.5US HiyaHiya Interchangeable — OH YES!!! — can’t wait for the real thing!).
9. Ribby Cardi from ChicKnits (Shepherd’s Wool brown/lt Turquoise on 860+ribber)
10. Cable Sweater for Knitting Today News Issue 4 (on USM)
Really? That’s all that is on the needles in plain sight? Its do-able, right?
Okay, now we’ll start listing what is hidden on the shelf, in knitting bags around the store, or is done but needs ends finished or blocked . . .
1. Wrap me up shawl – ends (would like to do this again in sock yarn!).
2. Swirl Shawl from Melody Superwash by Jojoland – block.
3. Miralda’s shawl, Knitted Lace of Estonia, from Domy Heather (oh, I want to stock this yarn!) – block.
4. In the Pink – block.
5. baby snowman from Marie Mayhew’s Felted Snowman pattern – started.
6. Butterfly Garden blanket using Kona Superwash.
7. 8 hours baby Blanket using Encore.
8. Filigree Lace Shawl – in Alpaca With a Twist Fino (which I need done by Stitches Midwest 2010 to wear as a sample).
Things I want to start?? Okay, I won’t go there. Maybe after I get a few things knocked off the UFO list. I’ll report back after tonight because I have some really great projects in mind for classes this summer/fall. Plus, I have a couple of huge projects I’m working on: MK Unite! [a retreat for machine knitters with myself, Heather Thompson, Michelle Teasley (shoot, forgot her married name! Sorry, Michelle!), Susan Guagliumi and Mary Anne Oger] for this summer, a new website design, Knitting Today News Issue 4 cables, “Make Your Sweater Fit” class, as well as a handknitting retreat for Fall.
I’d like to know I’m not alone in the whole project overload arena. . . What is your project list? I have an extremely useful Fold ‘n Go tool tote to give away to one lucky winner. Drawing will be held May 16! Tell your friends to comment too. All comments must be on the blog (facebook fans, twitter followers, click the post link and go to the website to comment). If we go over 25 comments, I’ll add a couple more prizes to the pool. . . . post away! Lea-Ann