As I finish up deliveries of mystery yarn club 2016, I start thinking of the next big thing…. I always try and low-key projects that force me to learn and teach something new and different, but also something that is just easy knitting, and lastly something special and splurgy. Hmmm, so yes, three options coming up.
1) Fisher Lassie by chic knits, a top down, the season cardigan with interesting yoke work and shawl collar. I might do a combined hand and lk150 version for myself, but the pattern is written for hand knitters. Here is my swatch so far.
Initial swatch was too loose, on a size 8. Dropping to a HiyaHiya sharp 5 is just about right to gauge for me. Next step is to see how the yarn washes and blocks. The last thing I want is a ganset-style sweater that pills. This yarn, being superwash, I expect to hold up well. If it does, I want to order denim for my project. I love the pin-drafted colorways produced by this mill.
2) Beld, also by chic knits (tried and true designs and patterns by Bonne Marie Burns). I’m thinking of using silky wool. Believe it or not, I have never knit a sweater out of it in all the years I’ve carried it. Now that I’m a little, urm, older, I think that mid-weight breathable yarn appeals to me.
3) Luxury yarn club, not a mystery or a surprise, but pre-order only. I’m thinking cashmere first, and we’ll go from there.
Of course, before I can launch any of these new ideas a few things need to happen:
1) finish stormy weather. I’m down to sewing in the ends, blocking and sewing in the zipper.
2) knit the marseille tee.
3) get on a regular schedule of content for the clubKnit members.
4) enable online ordering for the above projects and clubKnit lessons and classes.
Oh, I seem to be a fan of lists today…Happy knitting everyone! What are you interested in??
2 thoughts on “Finishing up mystery yarn club, planning for new projects”
Quite fond of the yellow sweater myself
I’ll be putting a kit together in silky wool if you are interested. We can talk more this weekend.