Are you ready for something new and mysterious? Join us in the MKAL (mystery Knitalong) called Starting Point Mystery Wrap. Orders for yarn will be taken until May 3. We are knitting from Lorna’s Laces Solemate (http://www.lornaslaces.net/solemate.html). You may choose from the four kitted yarn packs colorways, black, brown, purple, and blue. Plus, you’ll automatically be added to ClubKnit’s KAL private group where you can ask question, share, and inspire each other within a closed, private group.
About the Designer, Joji
— instagram (https://www.instagram.com/jojilocat/), website (https://www.jojiknits.com/), Ravelry (http://www.ravelry.com/designers/joji-locatelli)
Buy The Pattern
Buy the pattern and read the details on ravelry: (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/joji-mystery-wrap)
Pre-order the yarn: Lorna’s Laces Solemate Project Pack
Buy the yarn here. We will take orders until May 3 so we can have ample time to send you the yarn to be received by May 12.
- The shape is a true rectangle. This wrap can be worn as a wrap, blanket scarf or even as a blanket.
- Approx. measurements are 26½ x 72” (66 x 180 cm) blocked.
- It has a graphic look, but it is still classic.
- You will need yarn in 5 colors and you will use up a lot of your yarn, so you need full skeins.
- The total approx. yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m). It is a BIG wrap. Please be aware of this.
- There will be 5 different clues, spread out over 5 weeks.
- It is good for all levels. There will be TV knitting and more engaged knitting. You will sure have fun.
- There is no brioche involved. There are no short rows either.
- There is a little bit of simple lace, about 10% of the total project.
- There is a lot of garter stitch.
Look for the following social media hashtags: #jojimysterywrap and #startingpointmkal
Share with the Knitting Today page:
And, share in the Designs by Joji Ravelry group: a conversation thread
Reminder! Don’t share a photo of your work in progress as the main photo in your Ravelry project page. Instead, use the images provided by Joji or perhaps an image of your yarn choices.
There are 5 clues to be revealed and they will be delivered weekly as follows:
clue 1 – May 12
clue 2 – May 19
clue 3 – May 26
clue 4 – June 2
clue 5 – June 9
The wrap will be revealed and published as a whole pattern on June 23 (which will be $5).
Yarn: Five (5) skeins of fingering weight yarn in 5 different colors.
You will receive a guide with all the yardages required for the pattern and some guidance for choosing colors and putting them together. But we encourage you to try any possible color combination you like!
Needles: 2 sets of US 6 (4 mm) circular or straight needle. If you are using circulars, 24-32” are good lengths, but choose any length you are comfortable with.
I recommend making a swatch to see if you like your colors together.
Your working gauge should be 23 sts and 44 rows. BUT your finished (pinned, stretched and blocked out) gauge should be 19 sts and 38 rows.
Both gauges are given to 4” (10 cm) on US 6 (4 mm) needles in garter stitch.